Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
The Basic Recipe
Note: This example accompanies the EFT practiced in session.
- Where in your body do you feel the physical or emotional issue most strongly?
- Determine the distress level in that spot on a scale of 0 to 10, where 10 is maximum intensity and 0 is no intensity.
- The Setup: Repeat this statement three times, while continuously rubbing the sore spots or tapping the Karate Chop point on the side of the hand.
- “Even though I (name the issue), I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
- The Tapping Sequence: Tap about 7 times on each of the energy points in these 2 diagrams, while repeating a brief phrase that reminds you of the problem.
- Determine your distress level again on a scale of 0 to 10.
- If it’s still high, say: “Even though I have some remaining (issue), I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
- Repeat from Step 1 until your distress level is as close to 0 as possible.